lil'bitty

Apparently, I have just been born. That would explain the whole trauma that I just went through. Since I'm stuck here for the foreseeable future, I will try to enlighten you on all my discoveries of this strange world as seek to learn the meaning of life or at least how to live it. Peace. L

Friday, October 07, 2005

There I was. . . sittin on the Group W bench


O.K. So I was listening to some "Alice's Restaraunt" (Arlo Guthrie) and I got to thinkin. . . . this is my "thinker" pose by the way. Anyway, this is my 6th week of being on the outside (like I was in prison or something) and things are starting to fall into a routine -- nurse, then diaper change, then sleep, then diaper change, then eat again and so on and so forth. Mommy and Daddy are spending lots of time talking to me and getting me to move around and generally just trying to expose me to different stimulus for better brain development. Yea, yea I know they're over the top. . . . but so do they, so what are you gonna do, huh? But back to the point. I am feeling a little, oh I don't know. . . . cooped up. Kinda like I was in the Army or Jail -- that's the connection to "Alice's Restaraunt" if you were wondering. Does this stop as you get older or become an everyday possibility? And if it does, what can a "sista" do to prevent it. What do you do?
I know that music is a good way, hence the whole Arlo Guthrie song thinkin episode. Quick aside. . . . I love my tunes, I just got 4 Bob Dylan cd's (Blonde on Blonde, Highway 61 Revisited, Blood on the Tracks, and Bringin it all back home) and a Johnny Cash (American Recordings III Solitary Man) . . . . ok, Mommy and Daddy got them, but everything that is theirs is mine too. I'm trying to track down a little Bill Withers, pre 1964 stuff. I love music. I'm kinda rambly today, not a lot of sleep last night -- U2 was on Conan, very good. Peace L

2 Comments:

At 6:44 AM, Blogger Timothy said...

WOW! You have great taste in music! "They have any thing you want at Alice’s restaurant." Cherish these day of nursing and diapers because in the blink of an eye, they will be over. One moment you are changing a diaper with the most God awful smell imaginable and the next moment, he is driving a car and dating girls and… Some days, I would give just about anything to have my son in diapers again, but I need to be careful with those thoughts. Beware what you ask for, right? Grandchildren could be just around the bend. I have a live Bill Whiters album called “Live at Carnage Hall.” It is not pre 1964, though.

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger lil'bitty said...

Bill withers changed his style in 1964. More in tune with the times. Still good, but not quite by my tastes. Live at Carnegie hall is mostly his early stuff. It is on my "to get" list.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home