lil'bitty

Apparently, I have just been born. That would explain the whole trauma that I just went through. Since I'm stuck here for the foreseeable future, I will try to enlighten you on all my discoveries of this strange world as seek to learn the meaning of life or at least how to live it. Peace. L

Friday, October 14, 2005

The little prince. BEST BOOK EVER . . . ever??? too strong. Really good book


Ok, New favorite book. I'll update the profile later.
The Little Prince
written and illustrated byAntoine de Saint Exupéry
translated from the French by Katherine Woods.
Outstanding! There is another English translation by some dude. The Woods x-lation is better (a teeny bit). It is a must read and own. If you can't find the Woods x-lation the other one is entirely acceptable. It seems to me that Woods looked more at the period it was written and what Exupery meant when he said something in her x-lation (almost an abridgement instead of x-lation), and the Dude looked a little more at direct x-lation. No concepts were lost, but not quite the same. Both very good.
I haven't figured out that whole "links" thing yet, give me a break. . . I'm only 6 weeks old. So here is a link to the online text. http://www.angelfire.com/hi/littleprince/frames.html
Outstanding for adults to read to their kids, for kids to read, and for adults to read for themselves. Just so you know, I saw the snake right off. You'll get it when you read the book. My mommy is the Rose and Daddy the Prince. I have them both tamed. . . .another inside reference. Love it love it love it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home