lil'bitty

Apparently, I have just been born. That would explain the whole trauma that I just went through. Since I'm stuck here for the foreseeable future, I will try to enlighten you on all my discoveries of this strange world as seek to learn the meaning of life or at least how to live it. Peace. L

Thursday, October 27, 2005

The death of the "online" little prince.

Saddly enough, I have to report that the online link to the Little Prince has been destroyed by the evil machinations of the publisher. Mr. Martini apparently did not receive permission to publish it online and has been killed for his impunity. Here is a copy of the letter that the link will take you to now.

Dear Mr. Martini:
I am writing on behalf of the Trade Division of Harcourt, Inc., which as you may
know, is the publisher of The Little Prince. This message is about, as the
Little Prince would say, a "matter of consequence."
Your Web site (www.martini.net/LittlePrince) has come to our attention, since
you've posted the complete text and illustrations from the book on this site.
The Little Prince is protected by copyright, and may not be reproduced without
our prior written permission. We don't want to seem like hard-hearted
businessmen (and women) and we certainly share your fondness for this work, but
it's just not appropriate to copy the entire book and make it freely available
for others to take. Accordingly, I must ask that you take the book down off
your site at once. Would you please contact me immediately to confirm that this
has been done? Thank you.
Sincerely,
Kira Glass
Director of Interactive Marketing
Harcourt Trade Publishers, a division of Harcourt, Inc.
525 B Street, Suite 1900
San Diego, CA 92101

So, you can't get it online now. I would still suggest that you run out and purchase a copy as soon as you can. Excellent book and worth the 10$ or so that it costs. Peace, L

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home