lil'bitty

Apparently, I have just been born. That would explain the whole trauma that I just went through. Since I'm stuck here for the foreseeable future, I will try to enlighten you on all my discoveries of this strange world as seek to learn the meaning of life or at least how to live it. Peace. L

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Another Ophelia by Waterhouse

I have decided to include a weekly or biweekly, or whenever I remember to do it "Arts" posting. Somtimes it will be a painting that speaks to me or a song or piece of literature. Just something that has touched me and increased my intellectual side. If I can figure out how to have a song play I will include it in any posts about music. I hope this enriches your days and I would really appreciate any comments about the said art/music/book so I can expand my mind. I am after all a fairly blank canvas right now. This is Ophelia (again) by J.W. Waterhouse. I know it is not the same person as in the previous Ophelia, but it is the same name so maybe she wasn't a real person but just simply more of a conceptual beauty that Waterhouse had to paint. A Muse perhaps? This one speaks of peace and serenity with just a hint of longing. Maybe her love is away and soon to return or just left. Maybe she is just fantasizing about her true love. Maybe she was struck in the head by a meteorite and is slowly passing into the next realm in this grassy sward. (sorry, that is a little morbid) I tend to go with the fantasizing idea. You?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home