lil'bitty

Apparently, I have just been born. That would explain the whole trauma that I just went through. Since I'm stuck here for the foreseeable future, I will try to enlighten you on all my discoveries of this strange world as seek to learn the meaning of life or at least how to live it. Peace. L

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Wednesday Wist on Tuesday. . . . The music shuffle.. . . . . am I crazy?

OK, I tossed a bunch of albums into a playlist and hit random while I worked on what I do best. . . filling a diaper and being cute and this is what followed.
Otis Redding singing "I've been loving you too long" to which I thought "Ohh I love Otis" and then went into a jag of Animal House --- Otis. . . . Otis loves me, Can we dance wif yo dates, and several other John Belushi films and one liners (I especially like the Samuri and Bumble Bee from SNL). Which brought me to the Pixies "Hey" and how I saw them on Austin City Limits not too long ago (yes they still do that show) and how the lead singer looks nothing like I would have pictured him. . . . fat bald and ugly as opposed to my idea of tall dark and brooding. There go all my preconceived notions about talent and attractiveness. Which then put me into Southern Culture on the Skids and "Eight Piece Box" which resulted in another jag of --- Baby. . . . you make me wanna walk. . . . like a camel, are you gonna eat that there snack cracker, all I want is just one more oatmeal cream pie, Little Debbie Little Debbie I'm a comin on home girl. And as I now have a huge craving for fried chicken (from eight piece box) Tom petty is singing about "An American Girl" who I wonder if she can and will cook me some chicken. Followed by "I have lost it, I am completely insane, but if I know it, how insane can I really be? While I try and figure out if I have completely lost my mind, Etta James is telling me to "Tell Mama" which is exactly what I am going to do. Bye.
Have I lost it, or is this how everyone's mind works?

6 Comments:

At 5:44 AM, Blogger Mandy Hays said...

Welcome to Parenthood. Insomnia leads into insanity which leads into catatonia. When you see the dad at the mall sitting on the bench staring off into space and you wonder, "What's up with that guy?"
One word friend, "Parenthood".

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger lil'bitty said...

Mom & Dad -- (to all who don't know, this M & D are not my M & D, but the M & D of Luke, My D and Luke's D used to work together. . . . and now back to you regularly scheduled comment....) See that's the thing, I'm only 3 months old and to my knowledge I have yet to produce offspring. Didn't sleep much last night so I'll probably be completely bonkers by noon.

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Amber said...

Ahhh. Otis Redding. I am now going to open up iTunes and listen to one of my al time faves -- "Try a Little Tenderness." Which is undoubtedly a great song on it's own, but someday, Lil Bitty, you will see a great movie scene in a pivotal movie -- "Sixteen Candles" -- that involves this song. Awesome.

Happy Thanksgiving! Just think, by this time next year you could have everything everyone else is having, only in a sort of liquidy form. Yum.

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Assorted Babble by Suzie said...

You will get it right!! LOL

Happy Thanksgiving....from my family to yours. Hope it is awesome for you all!!

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger JillWrites said...

My mind works like that, and I'm neither a parent, nor an infant. Happy First Thanksgiving, Lil Bitty!

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Assorted Babble by Suzie said...

Hope you are doing okay over here or should I say UP THERE!!....I know it has been cool....stay warm and bundled up! (smiling)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home