lil'bitty

Apparently, I have just been born. That would explain the whole trauma that I just went through. Since I'm stuck here for the foreseeable future, I will try to enlighten you on all my discoveries of this strange world as seek to learn the meaning of life or at least how to live it. Peace. L

Friday, December 02, 2005

Just thought you should know. . . . .


My Uncle Kirby is a U.S. Marine (master sgt) and is currently stationed in Japan with his wife (Aunt Lori) and daughter (cousin Olivia). I have yet to meet any of them, because they were stationed there for a three year tour last year after Uncle Kirby got back from Iraq. This Christmas I get to meet them and thank them for the sacrifices that they have made for all of us. Uncle Kirb sent this e-mail to my Daddy and I thought I'd share it with you. Remember, Uncle Kirby is currently in the Marines and served a tour in Iraq. . . . . .


Things that make you think a little:
There were 39 combat related killings in Iraq in January {this is from 04' apparently}. In the fair city of Detroit there were 35 murders in the month of January. That's just one American city, about as deadly as the entire war-torn country of Iraq.

When some claim that President Bush shouldn't have started this war, think about the following:
a. FDR led us into World War II.
b. Germany never attacked us; Japan did. From 1941-1945, 450,000 lives were lost ...
an average of 112,500 per year.
c. Truman finished that war and started one in Korea. North Korea never attacked us.
From 1950-1953, 55,000 lives were lost ... an average of 18,334 per year.
d John F. Kennedy started the Vietnam conflict in 1962. Vietnam never attacked us
e. Johnson turned Vietnam into a quagmire. From 1965-1975, 58,000 lives were lost ..
an average of 5,800 per year.
f. Clinton went to war in Bosnia without UN or French consent. Bosnia never attacked us .
He was offered Osama bin Laden's head on a platter three times by Sudan and did nothing. Osama has attacked us on multiple occasions.
g. In the years since terrorists attacked us , President Bush has liberated two countries, crushed the Taliban, crippled al-Qaida, put nuclear inspectors in Libya , Iran , and North Korea without firing a shot, and captured a terrorist who slaughtered 300,000 of his own people.

The Democrats are complaining about how long the war is taking. But ..
It took less time to take Iraq than it took Janet Reno to take the Branch Davidian compound.
That was a 51-day operation.

We've been looking for evidence for chemical weapons in Iraq for less time than it took Hillary Clinton to find the Rose Law Firm billing records.

It took less time for the 3rd Infantry Division and the Marines to destroy the Medina Republican Guard than it took Ted Kennedy to call the police after his Oldsmobile sank at Chappaquiddick

It took less time to take Iraq than it took to count the votes in Florida!!!!

Our Commander-In-Chief is doing a GREAT JOB ! The Military morale is high!
The biased media hopes we are too ignorant to realize the facts

But Wait . there's more!

JOHN GLENN (ON THE SENATE FLOOR)
Mon, 26 Jan 2004 11:13

Some people still don't understand why military personnel do what they do for a living. This exchange between Senators John Glenn and Senator Howard Metzenbaum is worth reading. Not only is it a pretty impressive impromptu speech, but it's also a good example of one
man's explanation of why men and women in the armed services do what they do for a living.

This IS a typical, though sad, example of what some who have never served think of the military.

Senator Metzenbaum (speaking to Senator Glenn):
"How can you run for Senate when you've never held a real job?"

Senator Glenn (D-Ohio):
"I served 23 years in the United States Marine Corps. I served through two wars. I flew 149 missions. My plane was hit by anti-aircraft fire on 12 different occasions. I was in the space program. It wasn't my checkbook, Howard; it was my life on the line. It was not a nine-to-five job, where I took time off to take the daily cash receipts to the bank."

"I ask you to go with me ... as I went the other day... to a veteran's hospital and look those men ... with their mangled bodies . in the eye, and tell THEM they didn't hold a job! You go with me to the Space Program at NASA and go, as I have gone, to the widows and Orphans of Ed White, Gus Grissom and Roger Chaffee... and you look those kids in the eye and tell them that their DADS didn't hold a job. You go with me on Memorial Day and you stand in Arlington National Cemetery, where I have more friends buried than I'd like to remember, and you watch
those waving flags You stand there, and you think about this nation, and you tell ME that those people didn't have a job? What about you?"

For those who don't remember . . . During W.W.II, Howard Metzenbaum was an attorney representing the Communist Party in the USA .

Now he's a Senator!
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading it in English thank a Veteran.


Me again. . . . Hope I didn't offend anyone there. But I guess if you got offended then maybe it was meant for you to read. I'm not trying to say that war doesn't suck or that it shouldn't be a last resort only (which we had clearly reached with Saddam). With this season (Thanksgiving and Christmas) we are to remember the good things in our life and give thanks for them. Right now, we are in the midst of giving millions of people their lives, freedom, and the chance at happiness. That sounds familiar. . . . . Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness. What better Christmas present could we possibly give the world? Jesus gave his life for us and sometimes we have to give ours for him. God bless America and our Armed forces and Veterans.
My Daddy also served in the military. He was in the Navy on a Submarine for 5 years.

5 Comments:

At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are very smart for just a little baby:). Those are some amazing facts about American intervention. My brother is about to be deployed to Iraq for a year away from his wife and baby. I would rather that he not be in such a dangerous place, but I know that its important to him to fulfill his duty.

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Assorted Babble by Suzie said...

EXCELLENT POST!!!!!

Thank you for writing, posting and sharing this with me. I wish this info was plastered out there for everyone to see often. Not only for the facts but reminders to ones that just don't get it.

Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas. It sounds like it is going to be a wonderful one. (smiling)

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Assorted Babble by Suzie said...

Monday:
Just wanted you to know...I linked you and this post on one of my previous postings. (over the weekend)

Hope that was okay! (smiling)

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

wow, for a lil bitty you've got lots of opinions. i am so sorry that you were born into such a confusing world with no clear "right" and "wrong." but, you definitely are on the right track. i can say this because i have seen evidence of your (mom's?) heart in the comments left on my site. they make my day. kisses to you, lil bitty.

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Assorted Babble by Suzie said...

Lil bitty, just thinking about you! Wondering what is on your Christmas list for Santa...hope you are all bundled up! I hear it is cold up there.(smiling)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home