lil'bitty

Apparently, I have just been born. That would explain the whole trauma that I just went through. Since I'm stuck here for the foreseeable future, I will try to enlighten you on all my discoveries of this strange world as seek to learn the meaning of life or at least how to live it. Peace. L

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

A commemorative moment to celebrate my Daddy's birthday.

Ok then. My Daddy turned 33 years old yesterday. He says he has lived 1/4 of his usefull life. I am unsure of just how he did the math, cause mine says that he will live to be 132 years old based on the whole 1/4 thing. I will post how he proposes to do this at a later date.
Anyway, I do believe that that makes him officially old (33 that is). Not as old as he will become (apparently 132), not as old as dirt (somewhere between 4000 and 200 billion). Possibly as old as the hills (volcanoes can build hills pretty quick). To commemorate this momentous occasion, I have decided to fill that long ago promised post of me and my Daddy time lapsed for comparison. The first picture is my Daddy at about 3 months old - he's so old that his picture is in Black and White hahahahah. . . . . um. . . . maybe I shouldn't pick on Daddy for being old. . . . naaaa, he's a geezer. Anyway, Back in the day, you were supposed to let your baby sleep on their bellies, so he is pretty good at pushing himself up at this time. Here in the modern world, If you let your baby sleep on his/her belly then you will be reported to the child welfare services in your local area and brutally and savagely beaten with a club wrapped in rusty barb wire for being so stupid. That is not entirely true. Now the American Board for Pediatrics recommends that you put babies on their backs to sleep (lessens the chance of SIDS apparently - which is just scary). Oh, I've rambled a bit. . . . back to the pictures. (no beatings needed) In the second picture, you will see me edited to black and white, and not as good at holding myself up but doing pretty good. It is not a perfect match for shading and such, but you should get a pretty good idea of who I take after at the moment. Please take a moment to pray that I grow out of it and look more like Mommy when I get older.

4 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Blogger Amber said...

Happy birthday to your daddy! I'll be 30 in April, although I'm unsure at this point how much of those years can be considered "useful."

Glad you're feeling better -- I was wondering where you'd gone! I also left a comment back on the Christmas post about how your decorating ideas are to be utilized once I get some good pictures...

 
At 4:21 PM, Blogger Assorted Babble by Suzie said...

Happy Birthday to your daddy!! Mine is on the 28th...Nikky has one coming up this month. There are many of us that celebrate in January.

Love the pictures...and so happy to see you posting again. (smiling)

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Assorted Babble by Suzie said...

Just checking in...since I'm here...tell your Mom to give you a hug from me. (smiling)

 
At 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This post is brilliant.

Absolutely.

Happy birthday to the old man. Belated, yeah, but hey. I'm 43. Consider yourself lucky. We're talking Sometimers disease and stuff. I can't even remember to wish myself a happy birthday anymore.

:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home