lil'bitty

Apparently, I have just been born. That would explain the whole trauma that I just went through. Since I'm stuck here for the foreseeable future, I will try to enlighten you on all my discoveries of this strange world as seek to learn the meaning of life or at least how to live it. Peace. L

Monday, January 23, 2006

Weekend update with Lola Collette and Tina Fey. . . . well, not really.


This is me in my Christmas present from my gwanny, also known as nanny (not my namesake - big nanny or my other nanny) or if you are not from the south and don't get our convoluted family trees she would be "The baby mama mama". It is also from my papa or for those of you who don't want a repeat of the 1st definition, "the baby mama daddy" (that all means my mom's mom and dad) Anyway, this was right after I got it and I could not touch the bottom (it is an Exersaucer for those of you who do not have wee little ones drooling on everything)
quick aside: Rhetorical question for those of you who DO NOT have the ability to censor yourselves, and not so much rhetorical if you do. Is there a word that is more gross than drool? I mean what is worse than a big puddle of slobber. Ewww gross. Plus, it just sounds gross. Drool. blech!!!
Ok the exersaucer has pretty much replaced the walker now. No more skinned up parents ankles to ram or stairs to go flying down. Just serene sitting in place and standing and turning and playing, but it IS NOT as my M & D are fond of saying a " baby sitter for the children" but a place to let the kid play while you run to the potty (I added that last part). I have to say, my "Graco Baby Einstein Discover and Play Activity Center" retail $99 at you local baby store is awesome. I can spin stuff, chew on stuff, pull, push, turn, twist, bend fold and/or spindle (what the heck is spindle anyway) while listening to Beethoven's 5th symphony or old MacDonald had a farm. . . . . e i e i o (or 3 other selections). It also has pictures of animals and will tell me the name in both English and Spanish and teach me the sound that animal makes with and actual recording of that animal. But my favorite part is getting to spin around in a circle and slobber all over everything. It is not gross, because it is not drool. Drool is a big puddle. . . . which is entirely different than a little smear of saliva. You lick an envelope before you close it, and if you happen to touch the sticky part you are not grossed out. But if you put you hand in a big old pool of drool that someone so thoughtfully left behind after their nap then you will shriek (those are the shrieking eels, and they always get louder just before they feed) and immediately begin furiously wiping said hand on your blue jeans to dry off the drool. Yeah, just tell me I'm wrong. We know the truth. You ain't got to lie Craig. You ain't got to lie.
Ok, I have pretty much lost the ability to continue this post in a manner that will in any way resemble coherence (clarence? . . . . no coherence) or sanity, so I will bid you adieu' with my final thought. . . . . If you imagine a tree falling in the woods, and no one is there to hear it. . . . . do you imagine the sound in your head?
Oh yeah, the weekend. Went to the church nusery for the 1st time (only for 1 hour). It was harder for M & D than for me. Though there was a little diaper bag mix-up and I got a little fussy before they figued out which one was mine. I had fun, new people, new stuff to play with, all around good.

5 Comments:

At 8:59 AM, Blogger Amber said...

I had something profound to say I think, but then got distracted by my excitement over the shrieking eels. I fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most famous is never get involved in a land war in Asia, but only slightly less well-known is this: never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!

Or something. I love that movie...

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

i so love all the pictures. haha, i feel like a relative, tracking your progress. so beautiful.

you should contact Graco or Fisher Price with a link to your blog. they should be tracking some PR initiatives through the writing you do. :)

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Assorted Babble by Suzie said...

Lola, you are growing up too fast. I hope your Mom will post some too about how things are going. You have a very smart Mom...and I do hope to continue to hear about you, her and your family.

Love ya,
Suzie

 
At 4:52 AM, Blogger Assorted Babble by Suzie said...

Just wanted to say HELLO!!! (smiling)

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger JillWrites said...

Drool, you know, the clear & healthy kind, is rather pleasant compared to phlegm, you know, the not-so-clear and trying-to-get-healthy-again kind.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home